Microsoft regularly releases Windows Updates for most common fixes and patches. While plugging in a new device, Windows 10 automatically downloads and installs the device driver via Windows Update. Every time Windows 10 checks for OS updates, it will also update the device drivers. However, some drivers from Microsoft may not be fully compatible with the device driver you have installed and it might result in system instability.
The simple and user-friendly interface makes it worth to be added to the list of free driver update software for Windows machines. With the free version of Driver Magic, you can scan for out of date drivers, invalid registry entries, compare the installed and proposed driver updates, and fix the issues one-by-one.
Intel Driver Update Utility from Intel automatically identifies, finds and installs the updated drivers for your computer system and keeps your system up-to-date. The software checks the systems thoroughly, suggest the required driver updates on your PC and download them only after getting your permission. It collects no personal information and can be installed very easily.
Best Free Driver Updater Tools
How do I install Bluetooth drivers on Windows 10?
Installing a driver manually 1. Open Start.
2. Search for Device Manager and click the top result to open the experience.
3. Double-click the Other devices branch.
4. Right-click the adapter with the yellow mark, and select the Update driver option.
5. Click the Search automatically for updated driver software option.
However, to automatically fix all the outdated drivers, and other issues in one go you require the Pro version of this software. The Pro version comes with some additional features such as accelerated driver download speed and more. Thus, don’t forget to consider all these factors while deciding whether you want to go for the free or Pro version. intel 82579lm driver Assuming you’re using Windows 10, Windows Update automatically downloads and install the latest drivers for you.
- Give it a name, click ‘Create’, and wait for it to finish.
- Welcome to Online Tech Tips – A blog that provide readers with daily computer tutorials, technology news, software reviews, and personal computing tips.
- Before you get started, make sure to create a restore point.
- Make sure that ‘Protection’ is enabled for the drive you wish to create a restore point for, select the drive, then click ‘Create’.
- This ensures that you can go back, in case updating a driver causes problems for your computer.
Your computer manufacturer customizes drivers that run Intel® components on your machine. In this case the OEM’s have a specific customized driver version and they should only be installed if you need something specific for your system. So, when we update system, devices’ drivers will be updated at the same time, the effect is equal to install driver from manufacturer website. Although it can take some time until manufacturers publish their latest driver updates in Windows Update.
Is driver booster really free?
Driver Booster is a free driver updater program for Windows that checks for outdated drivers for your hardware on a routine basis, and even downloads and updates all the drivers with one click!
While simply plugging in the device and letting Windows 10, Windows 8, or Windows 7 install the driver automatically is cool, you may for some reason prefer not to have the Driver installed automatically. You can if you wish, stop windows from installing the drivers automatically. You can stop automatic Driver updates in Windows 10/8/7. If you follow this tutorial, you can disable automatic driver installation in Windows 10, using Control Panel, Windows Registry, or Group Policy Editor. Download and install the latest windows updates Can Also fix Most of the Driver problems.